[CentOS] brother printers VS systemd

Frank Cox

theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Wed Sep 3 22:39:51 UTC 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 18:19:30 -0400
Fred Smith wrote:

> I've used Brothers printer driver installer tool to install drivers
> on C7 for a DCP7650DN. Cups thinks printing is working fine, but
> nothing ever arrives at the printer: the printer remains asleep.
>
> Looking at some of the setup instructions for the brother driver, it
> looks as if it wants a symbolic link of /etc/init.d/cups to /etc/init.d/lpd.
> neither of those exists in a systemd system, so I'm at somewhat of a loss
> regarding what to do.

I've had nothing but problems with printing from Centos 7 (see my previous thread about this matter) and eventually gave up and use one of my Centos 6 computers as a print server instead of this one.

Having said that, can you dig a ppd file out of that Linux installer you downloaded from the brother website?  Perhaps that's all you need to install.