[CentOS] brother printers VS systemd

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:55:42 UTC 2014

*snip*

>> Fred
>
> following-up on my own posting, can you tell me what choices you made
> in System-Config-Printer? IPP? LPD? something else?
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us -----------------------------
>   "For him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his
>  glorious presence without fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior
>  be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before
>                      all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."

Sure so start system-config-printer not as root, when it opens up,
click on the + then select network printer, on the left hand side it
should come up with a dialog search window, then enter the IP address
and hit the search icon and it should discover the device, in most
cases I use the Appsocket/HPJetdirect option, then go next pick the
correct dirver and finish up.

Then hopefully you have a working printer :)