[CentOS] Minimum RAM for CentOS7

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 22:40:53 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org> wrote:

> Oli...perhaps instead of taking out your anger and frustration on the CentOS
> packagers, you might wish to vent at the Upstream...because, when all is
> said and done, CentOS is a repackaged RHEL. Whatever the requirements are
> for the upstream are the requirements for CentOS. Whatever the installer
> looks for in RHEL is going to be the same thing that the installer looks for
> in CentOS.

Well they did have the opportunity to make changes in the minimal iso
since that doesn't directly correspond to a RHEL version.   I haven't
used it yet because I already had the dvd downloaded, but if you have
reasonable internet bandwidth, I think a minimal initial install makes
sense, followed by telling yum to install whatever else you might need
since there's a good change you'll download them as updates anyway.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com