[CentOS] USB 3.0 Driver

Matt

Tue Sep 9 21:39:42 UTC 2014

> http://www.inateck.com/inateck-kt4005-4-port-usb-3-0-pci-express-card-no-additional-power-connection-needed/
>
> Will these work under Centos 6.x?  Can I just boot my home system with
> a CentOS 6.x live CD to test?

Above usb 3.0 card is based on NEC d720201 701 chip.  I used this card
in my home PC Win7 64 bit.  Had to run install disk but it works fine.
I then tried it on a server at work running latest Centos 6 64 bit.
After reboot I plugged a usb drive into it.  Did a "ls -la /dev/s*"
and it did not show up.  Plugged usb drive into old usb 2.0 port and
it did show up.  Assumed drivers were not in Centos 6 kernel for it.

I then tried a Centos 6 live DVD on my home PC.  When I plugged a usb
drive into the usb 3.0 port it shows up.  So apparently the drivers
are there for it.  Will it show somewhere else besides "ls -la
/dev/s*"?