[CentOS] Centos 7 RAID tutorial?

Digimer

lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Sep 10 23:21:41 UTC 2014

On 10/09/14 06:45 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> Quoting Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>:

>>> It exists for ubutnu so I can use it from a ppa for testing.
>>> I would like to understand more about this license issue.
>>> If you can sound me with more about it will help me understand the
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eliezer
>>
>> http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#WhatAboutTheLicensingIssue
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS#Linux
>>
>> --
>> Digimer
>> Papers and Projects: https://alteeve.ca/w/
>> What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without
>> access to education?
>>

> Dear All,
>
> This list reminds me of the wizards in the Terry Pratchett novels -
> confronted with a need to take action they would by far rather discuss
> all possibilities, however remote, than address the need in a simple
> way, after all  they're WIZARDS.
>
> The discussion has been pretty interesting, I've figured out what I
> wanted to know through other means.
>
> Thanks for the perspectives.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

   I can understand your feeling, but I need to say that "storage", as a
topic, is a very big one. People form entire careers around the topic.
So when discussing storage without a specific context, conversations
like this are inevitable.

   All the points that have been made in this thread are valid and
important. So I suppose the better thing would be, if you were still
looking for answers, would be to ask the question with a particular
use-case in mind. That would allow people to stay more focused in their
answers.

Cheers!

digimer

--