[CentOS] Ifconfig ipv6:permission denied.

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner

marcelo.leitner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 02:21:46 UTC 2014

Em 07-09-2014 05:24, dE escreveu:
> Hi!
>
> I installed CentOS 7 today, it's a minimal install, so it didn't have
> ifconfig command. So I installed net-tools, however I can't add ipv6
> address to it.
>
> # ifconfig enp0s3 add fc00::1002/124
> SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied.
>
> Yes, I'm running as root.
>
> CentOS is running in a Qemu instance with e1000 ethernet card.

Almost the same setup here (!minimal install, but everything else
similar) works..

What's the current output of ifconfig for this interface? Does it list
any ipv6 addresses on it?

And could you try the ip command as suggested by Jim? In your case, it's
just: ip -6 addr add dev enp0s3 fc00::1002/124

Marcelo