[CentOS] nouveau crash on centos 6.5

Lewis, Stephen

Stephen.Lewis at idt.com
Fri Sep 12 13:54:54 UTC 2014

>From my experience, if you are using NVidia graphics cards you should probably change over to the proprietary NVidia drivers.  They have fewer issues and better performance.

Here are a couple of links on how to do this.  We've had people who have had success with each of these 2 different methods:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/instructions-on-how-to-make-nvidia-gtx645-graphics-card-run-using-nvidia-in-rhel-6-5-a-4175500802/

http://rodgersnotes.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/installing-nvidia-drivers-on-redhat-6-4-and-removing-nouveau/

Stephen Lewis
Stephen.Lewis at IDT.com