[CentOS] ink

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Sat Sep 13 22:10:01 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 08:23 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> On Fri, September 12, 2014 12:08 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Frank Cox wrote:

>>> It's my understanding that the cartridges that come with new printers
>>> usually contain less ink or toner than the replacement cartridges do.
>>> They are called a "starter cartridge" to differentiate them from the
>>> replacement ones.
>> They all do, toner and ink. Less is defined, by the way, as "half as much,
>> literally, as the full replacement".
> Lets them diminish "apparent" cost of new printer, thus making their
> printer look less expensive and more competitive to what competitions
> have. After all they do the same...
>
> Also, the majority of buyers never look into technical part, just compare
> products using "pricegrabber" ;-) Which is the reality that doesn't do
> much good for the progress. I'm having in mind really good hardware which
> also lasts forever. (and still works when it is obsolete, which though
> sounds counter-productive)

My wife still prefers the color rendering on our HP7310; all her
letterheads are set up for it and print the 'wrong' color on the HP8500
and HP8600.  The 8500 is still around as that is all I can print to from
my corporate notebook, and only when I am off the vpn; so it is off most
of the time.

So we have 3 all-in-one printers that are used for different tasks. And
none of them support T.38...