[CentOS] X, why did it have to be X

Jake Shipton

jakems at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 23 23:21:43 UTC 2014

On 22/09/14 22:37, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I have one user. We've pretty much all got two monitors, but he
>> insists on rotating both of them vertically - that is, they're
>> taller than they are wide, and he's got a Radeon card. I always
>> have X grief on his system when I update it....
>>
>> I just did a full update. X comes up in both screens... but the
>> left one is *not* rotated, while the right one is. And they're
>> mirrored. I've logged in as root, looked at all the configuration
>> I know of, and nothing tells it to mirror, or one rotate and the
>> other not. But when I use the menu, and go to
>> system->preferences-display, it shows mirror screens *always*
>> checked. I uncheck that, and hit apply, and nothing happens. I
>> move the one off from over the other, and rotate the other, and
>> still, nothing at all happens, and I don't see anything written,
>> anywhere.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
> A couple other things: the /etc/X11/xorg.conf that I fought
> successfully last year is still in place, but it acts as though
> it's ignoring it.
>
> mark

Hi,

Is this C6 or C7?

If it's C7 I had the same issue with ignoring nvidia configuration,
turns out it wasn't Xorg at all.

It was GDM resetting everything when it loaded, switched to LightDM
problem solved as it was using Xorg configuration again!

Worth a shot if it's C7 :-).

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F