[CentOS] firefox: annoyance

Ron Yorston

rmy at tigress.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 15:10:27 UTC 2014

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>palemoon looks nice

My concern with Pale Moon is that it's based on the Firefox 24 extended
support release, which is no longer supported.  Don't know how that'll
play out.

In the meantime I've added exclude=firefox to my yum configuration and
am sticking with Firefox 24.  On Fedora I've switched to Midori.

I don't want 'tabs on top' and over the past several releases the Firefox
developers have been making it more and more difficult to configure that.
It used to be the default but now it requires a third-party extension
and jumping through several hoops.

Ron