[CentOS] systemd startup on centos 7

James Hogarth

james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:11:45 UTC 2014

On 26 Sep 2014 15:17, "Jerry Geis" <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Is there something else that allows them to continue to run?
> the mystart runs the needed programs then it does exit.
> I presume that mystart exit is killing the children.

Did you see the template I made for you in your other thread on this
subject?

I suspect you will need the following in the [service] section

Type=forking
RemainAfterExit=yes

Unless you are using the notify api you should not have that else it'll be
considered a failed start...

If after adding the above you still have issues respond with the output of
systemctl status <service name> after trying systemctl start to start it