[CentOS] "power outage"-save / like embedded systems

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 30 18:23:05 UTC 2014

On 9/30/2014 11:06 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Is there anything similar to apcupsd for that (preferably open source)? (I
> do remember ferrups...

they have a whole GUI power management package that runs on linux but I
tend to use the more basic shell-only stuff.  most of the Eatons I've
used have had ethernet, they have a web interface on the UPS to
configure, you can list dozens of systems the UPS can lob status updates
at, and use it with nut [Network UPS Tools, available from epel] or
whatever...   nut works with serial port and UPS based UPS's too.