[CentOS] UPS question

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Sep 30 18:53:56 UTC 2014

On 9/30/2014 11:42 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Damn, hit <send>, and forgot to ask: feel free to answer offlist, but what
> make and model are the 7KVAs, and what ballpark price were they? We need
> two of something like that (at least 6KVA) for the SGI supercomputer....

they are HP R7000, made by Eaton.   4U 7KVA rackmount.   they need 208
40A(?) service.  ethernet interface is standard.   They support up to 4
extended runtime modules (4U each).   at 80% usage, HP claims 6 minutes
with the base unit and 57 minutes with 4 ERM's (3U each).

These things are 165 lbs, they were a gut buster to load into the racks,
heh.  after the 1st one, I removed the batteries from the other 3, and
it was way easier.   They use 18 12V 45W UPS batteries, in two packs of
9 each.

quick specs, http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04155297

I don't remember the price we paid, we bought these last year, but we
get a substantial discount on HP gear.   google suggests $4500 at
distributors.