[CentOS] Need to Understand booting process of CENTOS-7

Valeri Galtsev

galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 30 21:19:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, September 30, 2014 4:08 pm, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 03:43:47PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> First mistake: what makes you think we're your "team"? This is an open
>> mailing list that we've all subscribed to, and we're all over the world,
>> and in various positions and skillsets. We are not your "team".
>
> I agree with Mark here (imaginey that); and to add to that I consider
> this it poor taste, if not outright insulting, to just assume we are on
> the same team.  We're not.  I for one will not be part of a "team" with
> people that expect others to do their job for them.
>
>> Right - how *did* he get that title (or did he just make it up)?
>
> ^ that.
>
> I am not trying to come down on the OP here, this is part of a much
> larger problem.  The problem is one of entitlement and laziness.  You
> can couch this in whatever politically correct (ask me about my thoughts
> on that some time) phrasing you want, but it all boils down to this.
>
> People have forgotten how to do things on their own and expect everyone
> else to just drop what they're doing so they can work on the problems of
> others.  Well, life's not like that.  People damned well need to start
> doing at least a modicum of research on their own.
>
> This problem is becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on; and
> quite frankly the level of competence in IT and surrounding fields has
> been going steadily down the toilet for quite some time because of it.
>
> And people that defend, to whatever degree, this type of behavior are
> part of the overall problem.  Three is a huge difference between helping
> others and coddling them; start helping and stop coddling.  If _I_ can
> manage to do my job without having to depend on others I'm pretty sure
> it's a fair bet others can as well.

I'm happy to sign under that, only I feel myself plagiarist here... But
indeed I hate these days we start solving any problem by creating [google
or any other search engine] search line instead of reading documentation
first. I hate the GUI interfaces (latest KDE, GNOME,... and lates Windoze
as well ;-) switched from logically organized tree of categories,
subcategories,... items. ... Worst of all I hate myself following it all
and behaving as above ;-(

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator