[CentOS] LS command bizzare behavior

Mon Sep 22 15:48:32 UTC 2014
Dan Hyatt <dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu>

Hi,

My bosses are running into an issue, where we type "ls" on a nfs mounted
filesystem, and files that are there are not listed...
I thought it was pilot error until my big boss showed me...

but we can vi the files, we can access them via other means if we know
the name. Then once we have accessed them, LS now shows the files.

We are running centos 6.5, we are accessing them via xwin-32 (which
should not be the issue)....

I looked on google and found nothing discussing this...of course this
has nothing to do with hidden files (dot in front) because once we
access the files we can see them.

Thanks
Dan