[CentOS] Runing multiple daemons with systemctl

Tue Sep 2 09:11:28 UTC 2014
C. L. Martinez <carlopmart at gmail.com>

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2014 11:10, "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> a) start daemon1
>> b) if daemon1 returns no startup errors, launch daemon2
>> c) if daemon1 returns any startup error, doesn't start daemon2 and exit.
>>
>> Is it possible to do this with systemctl??
>
> In this specific example I'd probably do it as two service units with
> daemon2 wanted by multi-user.target and requiring the daemon1 service...
>
> That was daemon2 will want to be started by default and dependencies mean
> that will start daemon1 in the process of doing so... But since 2 requires
> 1 if 1 fails to start for some reason then 2 won't be stated.

Thanks james. That was my first idea ... But some of these daemons can
conflict with some system packages. For example I need to startup two
rsyslog daemons, and this can be a problem ... or not??