[CentOS] Bare drive RAID question, was RE: *very* ugly mdadm issue [Solved, badly]

Fri Sep 5 21:26:09 UTC 2014
Bob Marcan <bob.marcan at gmail.com>

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 10:18:13 -0400
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 08:01:05AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> > On 9/5/2014 07:18, Richard Zimmerman wrote:
> > >
> > >Until I read this thread, I've never heard of building RAIDs on bare
> > >metal drives. I'm assuming no partition table, just a disk label?

When the disk dies, the replacement disk must be exactly the same size.
Been there, done that.
I allways make partition few GB smaller than the physical size.
It's not always possible to get the same type of the replacement disk.

My 2c, Bob