[CentOS] SAMBA as AD DC

Sun Sep 7 12:01:19 UTC 2014
Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz>

Aly Khimji wrote:
> It would appear the samba4 DC isn't available for C7 just yet.
>
> "As Fedora and RHEL are using MIT Kerberos implementation as its Kerberos
> infrastructure of choice, the Samba Active Directory Domain Controller
> implementation is not available with MIT Kereberos at the moment."
>
> Ref:
> http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/535153-centos-7-samba-domain-controller
>
> HTH
>
> Aly
> Hmmmm perhaps I don't explain myself enough.
>
> I already know that Samba "capable of working as a AD domain controller and
> more".
>
> I'm asking about the official packages of CentOS, I mean from official
> repo's.
>

> Thanks in advance

>> Yes Samba4 is capable of working as a AD domain controller and more.
>>
>> See link.
>>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
>>
>> Aly
>> On Sep 6, 2014 4:16 PM, "Sergio Belkin" <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Is able SAMBA on CentOS 7 to work as Active Directory Domain Controller?
>> If
>>> it's not, what is the recommended way of doing? Compiling from sources?
>>> Install packages from SerNet?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
>>> LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org

IMO there is _lot_ of Fedora/RHEL/Centos users (including me) which
does not use FreeIPA or other Kerberos-based stuff, but want use
Samba4 with AD enabled. For them it is not important whether they use
MIT or Heimdal Kerberos implementation. Then logical question:
Are somewhere for these distribution available (unofficial) Samba4
RPMs packages with Heimdal Kerberos?

I'm rather skeptic about near implementation MIT Kerberos in Samba4,
because this work has been going on for many years and still without
success (maybe nor any clear roadmap for it).

Franta Hanzlik