[CentOS] Waterproof printer paper

Wed Sep 10 15:00:13 UTC 2014
Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net>

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:10:19 m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> James B. Byrne wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Water immersion survivability is dependent on the quality of the paper as
> > well as the type of print medium.   I do not know if others have
>
> experienced
>
> > this but the quality of copier/printer paper now available to us exhibits
> > noticeably inferior stability when wetted from paper of the same weight
> > from the same brand-name supplier obtained as recently as four years

One of my recreational activities is caving.  When surveying a cave we always
use Rite-In-The-Rain paper.  It is almost completely waterproof.  I have
managed to dunk my survey book in a stream for minutes at a time.  The paper
and the pencil sketching survived.  It also survives getting muddy.

They offer products that will go through a laser or ink-jet printer.

http://www.riteintherain.com/

For long-term storage (decades or more) the jury is out.  I have survey notes
from 15 years ago that are still usable.  They are stored in an ordinary filing
cabinet in my house - No special environmental efforts are taken.  It seems
reasonable that Rite-In-The-Rain paper will store at least as well as regular
paper.

It is pricey, but if you really need waterproof then this is good stuff.

Bill Gee