[CentOS] default devtools enabled for users

Sun Sep 14 22:49:45 UTC 2014

On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:57 AM, Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch> wrote:
> Hi! I want to make the default environment for users the
> environment of devtoolset .. and i am thinking to do it this way:
> 1. make /bin/bash-devtools with the content
> scl enable devtoolset-2 bash "$@"
>
> 2. change for the prospective users the shell from /bin/bash to /bin/bash-devtoolset
>
> Is this the best way? Do anyone see or know of any pitfalls with this?

Hi,

I suspect that'll break a couple things. Off the top of my head, you'll need to add it to /etc/shells.

You might get more milage out of putting the scl command in an /etc/profile.d/*.sh script.  You could put some logic in it so non-root or certain user/groups are the only ones that load it.