[CentOS] ZFS

Mon Sep 15 18:34:32 UTC 2014
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 03:29:31PM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Chris <chris2014 at postbox.xyz> wrote:
>
> > Isn't fuse / zfs (partly?) in userspace?
>

> I believe there´s two separate efforts to run ZFS on Linux. One uses FUSE,
> the other reimplemented ZFS as a loadable kernel module.
>
> FC

Correct.  The ZoL effort does not involve FUSE at all.  Quite easy to
install via yum as well (after pointing at the ZoL repos):

  http://zfsonlinux.org/epel.html

With that said:

  http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#PerformanceConsideration

Have been running it at $DAYJOB and it's been quite stable.  Can't
really speak to performance, but haven't had complaints after moving
workflows (which are admittedly not super heavy workloads) from HW
RAID+LVM to it.  YMMV.

Ray