[CentOS] ZFS

Mon Sep 15 23:17:31 UTC 2014
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2014-09-15, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/2014 13:58, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>> zfs release zero dot something does not sound like production ready ?
>
> https://clusterhq.com/blog/state-zfs-on-linux/

That's a super (and timely!) post on XFS.  I saw in particular this
section.

"Upgrades require that users keep the userland tools and kernel modules
in synchronization on ZoL while other Open ZFS platforms manage that for
users. We plan to resolve this with /dev/zfs ioctl stabilization. This
is the last major missing feature before ZoL moves to 1.0 status."

So the ZoL folks want one more feature before calling it 1.0; otherwise
they believe it's production ready.  Only your own testing can convince
you that it's truly production ready.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us