[CentOS] CentOS 7 installer

Mon Sep 22 20:34:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, September 22, 2014 3:14 pm, Dan Hyatt wrote:
> Yes, imagine connected to your large data filesystems.
>
> Or worse yet, you have a data center power down
> PXE for some reason is set on all switches as the first choice
>
> and any mounted filesystem might get wiped...

I had an assistant a while back; he set up small server, and first boot
choice was from first hard drive, second was pxe that was starting fresh
system build (wiping all drives,...). He never changed that after the
system was initially built with kickstart. Why, if it will always boot
from the drive, right? One day on boot (upon reboot into updated kernel, I
guess) system drive timed out... and his production box was wiped ;-). I
bet he never leaves things like that since.

Valeri

PS
Of course, we recovered all we needed to recover. My plan is: I have a
good backup ;-)