[CentOS] Centos 7 + SystemD + Predictable Network Interface Names

Wed Sep 24 18:06:29 UTC 2014

Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm trying Centos7 and using systemD. I've noticed that interfaces name
does not have anymore eth0,eth1, ethN but a different name.

> What do you think about predictable network if name assigned by systemd?

They're doing it as emx, where x=[1...], except where it wants old
Sun-style pxdx... which I hate. I can live with emx, if I have to.

People who can't count from 0....

Folks here heard about the actual fork of systemd called uselessd? And
they want it to do actual work, but not much of what systemd does...?

            mark "saw it on slashdot"