[CentOS] Critical update for bash released today.

Thu Sep 25 15:11:44 UTC 2014
Paul Norton <paul.norton at gmail.com>

Yes. More info here - https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2014-7169

> Also, in the advisory, RH says that after the update, servers need to be rebooted...  Really?

No. From https://access.redhat.com/articles/1200223

-------------------
Do I need to reboot or restart services after installing this update?

No, a reboot of your system or any of your services is not required.
This vulnerability is in the initial import of the process environment
from the kernel. This only happens when Bash is started. After the
update that fixes this issue is installed, such new processes will use
the new code, and will not be vulnerable. Conversely, old processes will
not be started again, so the vulnerability does not materialize.

--
Paul Norton