[CentOS] CentOS Update

Fri Sep 26 09:09:32 UTC 2014
Jake Shipton <jakems at fedoraproject.org>

On 26/09/14 09:44, Gökhan Öztürk wrote:
> Hello. Previously debian, ubuntu, opensuse, I've used. But I'm new to CentOS
> too. I do not install desktop environment. Servers want to learn. I can not
> update the system. I could not so I researched. I give the following command
> . "yum update". I get the error. I'm working on a virtual machine. (I do
> not know English. Translation I wrote using.)
>

>       One of the configured repositories failed (hand),
>   <snip>
>
> Connot find a valid baseurl for repo: base / 7x86_64
>

> "vi" with CentOS-Base.repo, CentOS-Debuginfo.repo, CentOS-Vault.repo, CentOS
> -Sources.repo files "enabled = 1" line as I did. But "soft repolist all"
> command when I type "status = 0" is displayed.

Hi,

Sounds to me like the repository files have been altered which is
causing these errors.

You could try "yum clean all; yum update --disablerepo=*hand*" just to
see if you can get any sort of updates.

If not, it sounds like your repository files have been modified in some way.

Check your repository files, each repository should have a line similar
to this:

mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os

If this line is present, but different (Excluding the repo= part), for
example pointing at a non-centos domain and location it would mean that
they have been modified which is causing these errors you are receiving.

Hope this helps :-).

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F