[CentOS] Apache wakes-up inactive Exim

Mon Sep 29 18:41:02 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

> >> Ubuntu).
> >>
> >> cliffp at ubuntu:~$ which sendmail
> >> /usr/sbin/sendmail
> >> cliffp at ubuntu:~$ file `which sendmail`
> >> /usr/sbin/sendmail: symbolic link to `exim4'
> >
> > C 5.10 & C 6.5
> >
> >  file `which sendmail`
> >
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail: symbolic link to `/etc/alternatives/mta'
> >
> > strings /etc/alternatives/mta |grep exim
> >
> > produces Exim lines. No results for Postfix or for Sendmail.
> >
> > Thanks. I learned something new today.
>
> Not exactly... Applications that pipe to the sendmail command line
> program to send messages go back to the dawn of email.   MTAs that
> replace the 'real' sendmail pretty much have to provide that
> functionality.

Yes I did learn something new.

I started to use Linux, Centos, in desperation to rid myself of Windoze.
I plunged-in, never learned the theory because of inadequate time. Hence
I am Always Learning and never falling to be impressed, continuously
delighted to be rid of M$ and wishing I have ventured into Linux 10+
years earlier than I did.

--
Regards,

Paul.