[CentOS] webcam program for continuous recording.

Tue Sep 30 16:55:20 UTC 2014

I'm emailing G offlist, since once *again* that idiot nixspam is screwing
me over....

g wrote:

>>> i did find a link at gofree.com that lead to videolan.org, which lead
>>> to rpm.pbone.net, where i found binary rpms for fedora and other os's,
>>> but none for centos.
>>>
>>> so, it looks like if i want vlc for centos, i will have to try compile
>>> source. not looking forward to such right now.
>>
>> vlc is in nux dextop repo for C6, works fine
>
> i also enabled nux in yumex, but it did not show up. will try again.
>
> if it does not show, i will go direct to nux and look for it.

At work, the std. package motion works quite well (esp. once we bought
cards and BNC-connected cameras, instead of really cheap 10-yr-old USB
webcams....)

It uses ffmpeg and non-free to record as mp3, or avi.

       mark
        mark