[CentOS] "power outage"-save / like embedded systems

Tue Sep 30 17:50:19 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 9/30/2014 10:28 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> And APC is the best in
> my experience. (Of course, there will be a couple of brands with hardware
> on the same level...)

actually, I'd take an Eaton Powerware (formerly Best Power) over a APC
any day.

APC BackUPS grade stuff is strictly cheap consumer gear, I've had dozens
of them fail over the years, all different BU models, the battery fails,
you put a new battery in and the UPS still won't work.     They
consistently overcharge the batteries so they die in 2-3 years, when
they should last 5+.

The APC SmartUPS stuff is significantly better, but also a lot more
expensive.