[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Wed Apr 1 20:43:46 UTC 2015

Le 01/04/2015 22:15, Lamar Owen a écrit :
> So, in essence you're saying that the builders of the OS that you use
> and trust for daily tasks are unwise, right?  Sounds to me like you
> might want to use something different.
>
>> just the change will satisfy everyone.
>>

> It is impossible to satisfy everyone.

So, you refuse to hear your users, who have stated good arguments, for
something that is not very difficult to change, the name of the iso,
which is not coherent with the 7.0 name and confusing ? Yes, not very
wise... Karanbir corrected very quickly the content of the
redhat-release file, because it was totally different from 7.0, and
broke a lot of scripts and applications.

Alain