[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:12:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:

> I am not so easily confused by the new numbering; what the ISO is named is
> orthogonal to what it contains, at least in my mind.

Adding the date component means CentOS may release more than one iso
per RH's minor versions.  There isn't much of a consistent
relationship between the RH release and the subsequent Centos release
other than 'sometime later when it is ready'.   So, given a set of
Centos isos or even just the most recent, how would you know which RH
release it is based on?  Download, install, and read the
/etc/os-release file before finding out?   Or look up some other
source of the missing information?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmiksesell at gmail.com