[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Always Learning centos at u64.u22.net
Thu Apr 2 19:43:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 17:14 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I believe your argument works fine since:
> CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1503.iso
> CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1507.iso
> CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1512.iso
> CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1606.iso
>
> note, this is YYmm to indicate age, and not serial numbers.

Being a so-called 'westerner' where people read from Left to Right, it
is illogical to read to the end of a string only to determine the
version number.

Arabs and Jews too (I think) read from right to left, but I am sure they
will also appreciate the simply logic of having

	Centos 7-nnnnn-x86_64-DVD.iso

or even better

	Centos 7-2-nnnnn-x86_64-DVD.iso

Why change anything unless the new idea is better than the previous ?

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      Je suis Charlie.