[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:58:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Steve Thompson <smt at vgersoft.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2015, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> I didn't see any indication there that you were planning to turn the
>> /etc/redhat-release file into a symlink.
>

> In CentOS, /etc/redhat-release has always been a symlink to
> /etc/centos-release.

Well if you define 'always' as 'for CentOS6 and later...  So I guess I
have redhat-lsb installed on all of my CentOS6 boxes and hadn't
noticed that particular breakage before.   To be fair, I consider it
to be a bug in OCSinventory to not follow a symlink to the contents,
but it does point out that any arbitrary change is going to break
something that trusted your previous version's functionality.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com