[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 21:22:36 UTC 2015

On 02/04/15 20:47, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 04/02/2015 02:29 PM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:

>>> We did.
>>>
>>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-February/012873.html
>>>

>> WE'RE NOT ON THE DEVEL LIST!
>
> WHY NOT?

Would it have made a difference? Yes, you asked on that list. And yes,
nearly everyone who responded said no to the change, yet you did it anyway.

If Matthew had been on the list, and had also responded against the
change, would his voice have made the difference?

Seriously, show me a post in that thread from someone not on the CentOS
board speaking strongly in favour of the change. It's a big thread.

The point is, you asked and the community said no (at least those who
were subscribed to the -devel list and took the time to respond). Yet
you did it anyway.

The damage is done now, you can't take it back.