[CentOS] Iptables config removed with 7.1 update

Paul R. Ganci

ganci at nurdog.com
Fri Apr 3 04:42:02 UTC 2015

I had turned off firewalld and was using iptables when I originally
installed CentOS 7.0. Two days ago I upgraded my CentOS 7.0 to 7.1.
Everything seemed to be fine. Today I discovered that my iptables
configuration was removed with the update. Has anyone else experienced
this on doing upgrade? Literally the /etc/sysconfig/iptables is gone and
the /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config is the blank template that comes with
the distribution. This seems to me to be a serious bug with the upgrade.

--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
(303)257-5208