[CentOS] Linux Australia breached, personal details leaked

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Apr 7 22:36:05 UTC 2015

On 4/7/2015 3:20 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> Its stupid and unprofessional to store personal data on a public
> accessible server when there is no current public requirement for that
> data.

um, this mail list server is a 'public accessible server' and it has our
email addresses, and possibly full names, which are 'personal data'.

a web forum often has more info that that, depending one what you filled
in on your user profile.  for instance, my registrations on several
car-related forums include a list of the car year/models I own.