[CentOS] Some subscribers posts to the list ending up in Gmail spam

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:50:03 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 8:35 PM, Nataraj <incoming-centos at rjl.com> wrote:
> On 04/04/2015 09:59 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> Did we work out the technical reason why some users that post to the list
>> are getting dumped into gmail spam?
>
> .  I believe that if, in your gmail account, you keep marking as "NOT
> SPAM" any false positives it will send more of these messages to the
> right folder.

No, I don't think it will ever learn from that,, but there is a way
you can set a rule to 'never mark as spam' based on the sender. Which
wouldn't be fun on a list with a lot of yahoo.com members.

> There has been an abundance of discussions in the past about these
> issues on the various mailman, dmarc and dkim mailing lists as well as
> in many other places.  This whole issue hit the fan early in 2014 when
> yahoo and aol changed their DMARC policy to reject incoming mail that
> failed the DMARC test.

It was discussed here, I think both before and after the mailman
changes were available.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com