[CentOS] Problems with getty and X on runlevel switch [Was: Re: The future of centos]

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 9 11:50:41 UTC 2015

> Nice to know I'm not the only one that tries to use system facilities
> the way they were intended to work and has problems. Maybe if you touch
> the bug report so they know I'm not the only one the folks will look and
> elevate to RH bug just like they used to do? I was surprised that
> "crash" didn't get any attention.

 While only vaguely related to this topic, does anyone else find that
 CentOS6 desktop stability is lacking? Or did we just never notice because
 no monitoring was in place pre-C6?

 I'm refering to abrtd which is sending out a susprising amount of notifications
 about crashing desktop components like nautilus gthumb gnome-panel gvfsd-trash
 gvfsd-metadata gnome-settings-daemon, to name just a few.