[CentOS] centos kernel changelog?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Apr 9 13:49:56 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 08:38 AM, Matt Garman wrote:
> I'm probably overlooking something simple, but I can't seem to find a
> concise changelog for the rhel/centos kernel.  I'm on an oldish 6.5
> kernel (2.6.32-431), and I want to look at the changes and fixes for
> every kernel that has been released since, all the way up to the
> current 6.6 kernel.
>
> Anyone have a link to this?

rpm -qp --changelog <rpm-name> | less

(where RPM is the actual kernel rpm in a directory on your machine)

NOTE:  This works for any kernel RPM in any version of CentOS ... you
can download the latest 6 RPM from here:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/updates/x86_64/Packages/

(currently kernel-2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64.rpm)

.. OR ..

Look here:

https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!kernel/refs!heads!c7

then pick the "tree" link (the last link in the column on the right for
the item tagged as "c7") .. then the SPECS directory, then kernel.spec file.

NOTE: that is only for centos-7 on git.c.o at this time) .. here is the
latest CentOS-7 kernel SPEC file:

https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!kernel/b2ed8cb9d657a1e15c2015dfb07aab75474fdbbd/SPECS!kernel.spec