[CentOS] Edit login user list on CentOS 6

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:45:00 UTC 2015

On 04/09/2015 12:46 PM, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> What I am really looking for is where gdm (or whatever) caches
> the list of users who have previously logged in to a system. I
> have tried the brute force approach (grep -R) without success.

It's a dbus service.

# rpm -qf /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.Accounts.conf
accountsservice-0.6.39-2.fc21.x86_64

Documentation in:
/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Accounts.xml

For example:
$ dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply \
     --dest=org.freedesktop.Accounts \
     /org/freedesktop/Accounts \
     org.freedesktop.Accounts.ListCachedUsers