[CentOS] install problem

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Apr 9 21:57:42 UTC 2015

On 4/9/2015 2:44 PM, Chuck Campbell wrote:

> I don't think this made it to the list yesterday. At least I never saw
> it show up.

it showed up here.    dunno what to suggest.

maybe install 5.11 on a VM somewhere with the same package set and
architecture (on the blown system, /var/log/rpmpkgs, then copy
everything in /bin ?   boot the target system with a rescue OS, mount
your OS root as /mnt or something, and copy that backup to /mnt/bin ?

this won't be perfect unless you know exactly what RPMs were installed
on the blown system, but its probably better than nothing.

I dunno.  I think I'd install a new box with 6 or 7, and migrate over
whatever app stuff you need.