[CentOS] CentOS 7 auto mounting non authenticated users

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Fri Apr 10 12:26:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Michael Horne wrote:

> Once a user logs into a CentOS7 workstation their username appears in the
> login screen 'user list'. I have disabled the list but notice that after a
> reboot running mount -l shows all previously authenticated users home
> directories are being mounted over NFS again automatically.

I don't believe that this is directly related to either gdm or CentOS 7:
we have the same problem, using kdm and CentOS 6.6. We have over 200
systems and the problem happens on only about 10% of them, but of all of
the machines on which it does happen, the machine is used as a workstation
(the rest being headless compute servers). I can't see anything obvious
that would explain the difference.

Steve