[CentOS] EBtables Problem

Mehmet Allar

mehmetallar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 09:00:40 UTC 2015

Hello ,

I have recently downloaded and setup Centos 7 1503 on a device and
encountered a remote connection problem which I was only able to solve via
removing ebtables package .

After setup , I wanted go forward with IPtables instead of Firewalld , so
remove firewalld and install iptables. After configuration and tests , I
installed Fail2Ban ,(which brought ebtables with it ) and after reboot I
was not able to connect to the device.

After every reboot, I had to logon to the device locally , restarted
iptables service and then I was able to connect remotely. I traced my steps
backwards and figured ebtables was the problem. After removing it , I could
connect remotely after reboots. IPtables service is running just fine.

I want to use fail2ban , but I need to solve ebtables problem first. So,
where sould I start? I couldn't locate ebtables logs .

Thanks in advance.