[CentOS] state of IPSec VPN on CentOS 7: Openswan, strongSwan, RPM packages

Florin Andrei

florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Apr 14 18:07:09 UTC 2015

I looked in the yum repositories for CentOS 7 and I noticed that there
are no packages for any of the major open source IPSec VPN apps -
Openswan, strongSwan, etc. I'm pretty sure CentOS 6 had Openswan
packages.

What is the current consensus w.r.t. building an IPSec VPN "server"
(concentrator, whatever) on CentOS 7, that will do site-to-site
connections with Cisco hardware at the other end? Is any of the *swan
apps still considered the best option for that?

Any guidelines w.r.t. IPSec VPN in general on this platform?

Thanks.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/