[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 15 17:32:16 UTC 2015

On 15/04/15 17:55, Steve Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used the Dell M3800 (ubuntu) laptop to run CentOS 6.x? If so
> how did it work out?
>
> Also does anyone have a fairly new laptop they are running CentOS 6.x
> on,  that they are happy
> about? I am in the market for a new laptop and it must run CentOS 6.x.
>
> Thanks,

I am running CentOS6 and 7 on a Lenovo X1 Carbon gen2. For suspend to
work, you will need a newer kernel ( the xen4centos 3.10 LTS based
kernel works fine ).

On CentOS-7, with kernel > 3.10.0-229 works fine out of the box.

I know that CentOS-6 works fine, out of the box, on the precision
m4800's  if you want to Dell.

--
Karanbir Singh