[CentOS] Custom named logwatch script

Todor Petkov

zakk at online.bg
Sun Apr 19 15:07:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am using multiple files for logging activities for named daemon. The
files are in /var/named/chroot/var/log/named/, for example
/var/named/chroot/var/log/named/general.log.

I am trying to make logwatch look into them. I have created
/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/named.conf like this:

LogFile = /var/named/chroot/var/log/named/general.log
*ExpandRepeats
*OnlyHost
*ApplyStdDate

Then I have changed /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/named.conf
like this:

Title = "Named"
LogFile = named
$named_ip_lookup = No
*RemoveHeaders

When I run "logwatch --detail High --debug High --print --range All", I
can see the log file is proceeded, but I don't see any reports.

Can anyone point me to where my mistake is?

Regards,