[CentOS] Preferred partition type for raid 5

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:36:30 UTC 2015

Hey All,

I my research I came across a note that a specific partition type was
preferable when creating a raid 5 array.  I installed my HDs and used
mdadm to assemble them into a raid 5 array.  I then partitioned the
array using gdisk.  The default partition type is "8300  Linux
filesystem" for the two partitions that I created.

The article I read said that a specific partition type was preferred to
avoid issues if the array was to be moved to another machine.  Now I
can't find where I read that.

What is the preferred partition type that I should use for my partitions?

--
    _
   °v°