[CentOS] This last week in CentOS

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 22 10:44:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is a summary of some of the major things going on in the project,
its not a comprehensive list, but should cover most of the major
traction points:

Firstly, lets all welcome Brian Stinson to the fold (
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013211.html )

----------
Updates for CentOS 5/6/7 : All updates from upstream are released into
the CentOS Linux mirror network.

----------
* Moving towards Signed Metadata ( ref:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013210.html )

* Building a downstream CentOS based Atomic Host ( ref:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-April/013209.html )

----------
Other interesting things:

* The CentOS Mini Dojo in Bangalore April 2015 :
http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Bangalore2015

* Fabian was speaking at Loadays a few weekends back and did a great
session on Installing CentOS, Slides from his presentation are available
here :
http://people.centos.org/arrfab/Events/Loadays-2015/CentOS%20Install%20method%20review.pdf

* CentOS Project is participating in the Google Summer of Code for the
first time this year, and we have been allocated 7 slots for projects.
There are some very interesting projects in the pipeline. The landing
page for the ideas is at http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas - and
conversation around this has been taking place in both centos-devel list
and the gsoc list ( http://lists.centos.org/ )

Finally, I am going to try and run this weekly with a few notes from
various places. Any and all help is appreciated. You can send me news to
post in this at kbsingh _ centos.org.

--
Karanbir Singh