[CentOS] Real sh? Or other efficient shell for non-interactive scripts

E.B.

emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 10:07:50 UTC 2015

I'm sure most people here know about Dash in Debian. Have there
been discussions about providing a more efficient shell in Centos
for use with heavily invoked non-interactive scripts?

With sh being a link to bash in Centos I don't know if it would
explode if the link was changed to something else, but at least
the scripts we made on our own that run certain services could
be changed and tested manually to another shell.

Are there other people who have experience in this and can
provide interesting guidance?