[CentOS] CentOS 7 NFS client problems

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri Apr 24 21:54:45 UTC 2015

--On Friday, April 24, 2015 10:03:09 AM -0500 Matt Garman
<matthew.garman at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> Still, the kicker for me was updating the [Translation] section of
> /etc/idmapd.conf.  Mine looks like this:
>
> [Translation]
> Method = nsswitch
> GSS-Methods = nsswitch,static
[...]

> Again, since you're not using GSS, I'm not sure if you can get away
> with something like
>
> [Static]
> joe = joe

Unfortunately, it looks like the answer is "no".  It'll still mess
up the mappings.

Thanks, though.

While on other machines that talk LDAP the mappings may come out
right (as yet unverified), in this case it looks like I'll have to
resort to moving to higher UIDs.  (I could force low UIDs on
the CentOS7 side, but it looks like too many things understand
the threshold of what makes a "system account".)

Ah well. The NFS server was scheduled to be replaced with a FreeBSD
box anyway.  I guess we'll just have to fast-track it and start
moving accounts and converting UIDs.

Devin